The book club is a collaboration between A Black Man Reading and Real Dads Network.
The book club is facilitated by Jerid Woods of @ablackmanreading
The purpose of the Real Dads Book Club is for fathers to model the behavior they want for their children. The best way to lead is by example. We started the Real Dads In Jan 2020 and have read the following books:
- Letters to a Young Brother by Hill Harper (Sept 2020)
- When We Free the World by Kevin Powell (Oct 2020)
- Fatherhood is Leadership by Devon Bandison (Nov 2020)
- Cry Like a Man by Jason Wilson (Jan 2021)
- The Devil you Know by Charles Blow (March 2021)
- We Still Here by Marc Lamont Hill (April 2021)
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw (June 2021)
- Freedom is a Constant Struggle by Angela Y. Davis (July 2021)
- Bird Uncaged by Marlon Peterson (Sept 2021)
- Male vs Man by Dondre’ Whitfield (Oct 2021)
The last Wednesday, Each month at 7:00 p.m. (EST), we meet virtually to discuss the book for that month.