2022 Scholarship funded by Real Dads Network for graduating Black high school males. We award one $1,000 scholarship for use during the 2022-2023 College school year. Students must demonstrate consistent strong leadership skills and meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Is a U.S. Citizen
- A male of color
- Has an 80% High School Grade average
- Has been accepted to an accredited 4-year College or University for the 2022-2023 school year
- Write an essay with a pre-given topic accompanied by one letter of reference.
- Is willing and available to accept the scholarship award at the Real Dads Network Scholarship and Awards virtual ceremony on June 11, 2022
The application must be submitted electronically, with all required attachments, by Friday, May 6, 2022. The scholarship winner will be notified by May 20.
Name, address, phone number(s), e-mail address, and a brief biography summarizing your interests, accomplishments, and post-high school academic and career plans.
Copy of your high school transcript or letter on school stationery with your GPA.
one letter of recommendation
Essay (500-word limit) on one of the following topics:
- How the absence or presence of your father in your life has affected you.
- How a male mentor in your life has had a positive influence.
- The importance of fathers staying involved in the lives of their children.
- How a college education will affect your life and the life of your family.
- How schools or after-school programs can better influence young Black males to accept and live a positive lifestyle.
Mail all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2021 – Emmanuel Abodunrin
- 2011 – Kwasi Nyantaky
- 2010 – Djibril Diallo
- 2009 – Donell Rushin
- 2008 – Patrick Alvarez